This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Recommended Travel Insurance

• 250 replies
  • 130 subscribers

Hi everyone

As it can be time consuming looking through existing posts for travel insurance recommendations I thought it'd be a good idea to try and keep all recommendations in one place.

With that in mind I thought I'd ask that when you've found an insurance company that provided you with cover at a reasonable cost you posted that recommendation here.

If you could put a little bit of additional information eg. whether you got single trip or annual, cover for a cruise, worldwide, etc along with anything else that you think others would find helpful when they are researching that would be great.

All the recommendations come from community members and are not recommendations from Macmillan. Please make sure you do your own research as to whether they are suitable for you.

x

• Hi My husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer wich has spread to his bones. He had radiotherapy last August followed by chemo which finished in March and now just having hormone treatment every 12 weeks. Things looking good touch wood. We were getting high premiums but the cheepest we got for Europe is £390 for 10 days and that is with a search with Payingtoomuch. Earlier this year we were with Insurewith very good quote but not taking any new policies at present. Love our travel and hope to do more together as much as possible. Good luck everyone

• Did you get Virgin Atlantic cover online?  We booked a holiday to Mexico in December 2019, and before I got round to  sorting insurance covid hit.  Big mistake.  Then my husband got diagnosed with prostate cancer.  We have moved our holiday 3 times I think now and now restrictions have eased we are booked to go in January.  I was hoping now restrictions are lifted I would be able to finally sort the insurance.  Our usual one (for my medical condition) InsuranceWith are no longer doing new policies, and neither are OkToTravel who we have used before.  Boots aren't either.  I've tried a couple of other places and they mostly just said no, other than the one I haven't heard of who wanted over £3,000.  Starting to worry now!  Pinning my hopes on InsuranceWith coming back in time and being as good as they were before!  My husband is desperate to go away but we can't go without insurance Worried

• I have recently got what I feel is a very good price for travel insurance from Payingtoomuch.com. It covers both my cancer diagnosis and also a pre-existing medical condition for my husband. I did the quote online but found the people on the end of the phone very helpful and knowledgeable when I needed to clarify a couple of things.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Yes I did, but it was a desperate option and not a very safe policy. When I declared my medical condition, they said they wouldn't cover anything related to it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to link a broken arm to cancer just so they wouldn't have to pay out.

The very cheapest I have been quoted that actually provided proper cover has been £670. 

• Latchbrook - thanks, I tried them but they said no too :-(.  

We still have time for one of the usual ones to start up again but feeling a bit anxious now.  I wouldn't be keen on a policy excluding the cancer.  He has prostate cancer which has spread to his bones and like Haywire says, if he had some sort of accident and broke a bone they would blame the cancer and not pay out!

• I tried many sires that gave me quotes from £700 to £1250 for myself and husband for 2 weeks in Tenerife. I have breast cancer with spread to my hip which has been operated on. I am currently on iv Chemotherapy. I got a quote from Payingtoomuch for £580 and a quote for £800 for a year. Someone told me about insure for and I googled a quote £69!! I then checked their reviews and  couldn't find a good one. 

• Oh that's a shame . I'm like you and wouldn't be happy to exclude my cancer in case I needed to claim and they said it was related to my diagnosis. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you can get some sorted.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Bustysusy

I just tried www.insurancechoices.co.uk and all I got was a comparison site was that correct?

Regards

KenW

KenW

• I got the same.  The message from Bustysusy was from 2 years ago, something odd is happening as keep getting emails telling me there is a new message and they are all old ones!

• Hi  

I too got an alert for the message from Bustysusy. This can happen if the poster edits their post. They only need to correct a spelling mistake in their original post or reply and the system assumes that this is a new reply and sends out alerts to everyone. Of course sometimes it can be useful because they may have added extra information.

I hope this helps.

Community Champion Badge