High white blood count and very low neutrophils

• 3 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hi everyone 

I went for my blood tests today and the white count is quite high at 15.2, whilst the neutrophils are only 0.3. 

whites were 11.2 on Monday ,neuts were 6.5 . 

Anyone else had this kind of fluctuation ?

My HB and platelets were in the normal range 

Mark

• Yes Mark, at times my counts were more confusing than Brexit is Wink

Your Bone Marrow has been given a hard time during the process so it’s not surprising that it will have a pity me party for a while.

It was 13 months post second Allo before I heard “Well your blood results are all in the normal range”

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mark,

Just to add to what Mike says, I was always told not to focus on individual counts, you can get some pretty odd results. What is much more important is the trend. 
    I don’t think it is connected to your readings, but I remember about 8 months post SCT my counts were still struggling and one reading came back saying the blood was was full of histiocytes. Cue lots of researching what they were, a few panicked moments, followed by the next reading showing everything going back to normal.

Let’s hope it’s just a one-off blip and you’ll be back on the right trajectory at the next one.

Greg

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to greg777

Tests are only ever a snap shot of a small amount of your blood. Your levels change throughout the day.  Minimise stress, get your beauty sleep and eat as well (healthily) as you can. A positive mind set can only help. Worry will deplete you more. Let your body take its time.

Tessa