Greetings

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Hi everyone. 

I was pointed to this group by mike thehigghlander following a question on a different blog so a big thank you to him. 

This was just to say hello and give you a quick introduction to myself. 

Im a 38 year-old bloke who lives in East Sussex with my wife and two young children. I was diagnosed with myelodysplastic dysplasia syndrome that quickly became AML in December last year(2018), following two rounds of chemotherapy i had a SCT from my little sister (who will never let me live it downGrin). The transplant was a success and i am now just over the 100 day post transplant point. 

Following the transplant i suffered from mucositis and fatigue,thankfully the mucositis was short lived! I still suffer suffer with fatigue and tiredness but it is getting better. I still need occasional red blood cell transfusions too. 

I am now in the process of getting my fitness back, i am a postman so was monstrously fit before my illnesses, now i am out of breath climbing the stairs! So if anyone has any tips or advice on getting fit i would be grateful. 

Well,thats me in a nutshell

Linton

• Good to see you have found our little corner Linton.

Thanks for putting some info in your profile - it helps a lot....... I had no idea about the cell harvest my brother was going through so I said I would give him £1 for every cell he gave me....... he now lives on a Luxury Yacht in Monaco.....Joy

We are around to help you out as best as we can and take some time to have a look through the threads I gave you the links for.  

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Hi Linton

The fatigue can last a long time so dont be too hard on yourself. Accept some days will be better than others. Know what you can comfortably do and increase gradually. If you have something important  or stressful coming up keep some strength in reserve so you can get through the day. And dont waste energy on anything you dont enjoy doing. Get plenty of sleep. I find one bad night can wreck all my plans.

Tessa