Mucositis

• 12 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hello there, 

It would be really helpful to me if anyone could let me know about there experiences of mucositis after their conditioning treatment. Did you have to have a naso-gastric tube? How long did it last? Any tips of management? 

Many thanks!!

Sarah

• Ah thanks Mike!

That list is so useful!

I feel I am about the 80 (possibly 85%) mark just now. 

I walked 3 miles this morning and then came home and just sat and did quiet stuff for the rest of the morning. I find i don't need frequent naps but I do sleep for 1.5 hours in the afternoon ( I wake up by 5am most mornings which drives me crazy). I can then do a few pottering jobs of a bit of exercise before dinner. I couldn't dream of working though. Too head tired for that still.

I was fortunate to go into this very fit - walking 7 miles a day, lots of strength training and exemplary diet and no chemo only immuno-modulatory therapy for 6 months prior so in a more fortunate position going in than most. 

Still aware though that an infection or GVHD could take me down at any time at this point. GVHD really scares me.

One day at a time. Every good day- a gift!

Thanks again!

Sarah

• Oh you are doing good then…… at 2 months post Allo SCT I was still at about 60% as I was just out of my wheelchair and waking with sticks

We had a rule that when I had a nap my wife set an alarm for 45nibs to reduce the amount I slept during the day to try and improve my night sleeps.

I had various GvHD events but all part of  my story but I am over 8 years out and doing great ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge