AML\Flag-Ida\SCT

• 13 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hi, 

Garry (Gman) here, I have been on the AML forum for a few months but since I relapsed my journey will now include SCT after 2 cycles of FLAG-Ida which I am currently finished the first Chemo and awaiting for bloods to recover which could take another 3 weeks!  Had a bit of a curve ball when I contracted covid before Christmas and have been isolating since with no visitors!
I joined this forum initially to get some advice on the SCT journey but there is a lot of information and most of my questions have been answered reading the other discussions.

if anyone has any advice who has gone\going through it would be good.

Stay Positive Blush

Thanks

Garry (Gman)

• Hi FULHAMBOY (NICK)

Thanks for information, Not sure why 2 cycles of Flag Ida! But yes in remission Blush The 2 cycles were always on the schedule after my relaspe! Yes Flag Ida is stronger than the 4 cycles I had last year and side effects not great!! But being positive you just have to just get through it! Must admit not looking forward to next cycle!

Mind you I also have another cycle of chemo before SCT which I hear can be hard also.

I am looking forward to getting through it and getting on with life Blush 

I hope your wife carry’s on with her positive journey.

Thanks for reply it’s always good to hear from others who have been through the journey!
    Staying positive

Garry (Gman)

• Hi Gary

My wife didn't need a further chemo course after her flag ida, she relapsed after 20 months following that treatment and was given chemo tablets and regular injections into her abdomen whilst awaiting SCT. This continued for 6 months along with self administered injections to boost her white cells prior to sct.

• Hi Nick,

I guess we are all different and depending of version of AML we have, the Drs decide what the best treatment is for each of us.

I also have the injections to boost the white cells but while at having the Flag Ida, which does sound counter productive as the Flag Ida is killing off the white blood cells! But the Drs know what they are doing and must be a reason for it!
    Cant say I like the injections into abdomen! 
    Thanks

Garry