Restless legs aches in joints .

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi all,

Did anyone else suffer with restless legs especially at night and aches in arms legs and shoulders after SCT ? This has started happening to me in the last few weeks and is particularly bad at night which stops me sleeping. SCT was in December 2019 .

Jfd2165 x

• Hi

My wife is lucky enough to have been put into full remission since diagnosed with AML back in Oct 18. She had 4 chemo sessions and continues with 3 monthly biopsies. She has suffered quite badly with restless legs and as you say worst at night.

She also continues with aches in shoulders and hips. I believe this is not due to the sct alone as she did not have a transplant. The team at the hospital stated this is very common following the chemotherapy drugs given as a side effect. Legs are much better now but still has the aches in shoulders a hips.

Nick

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Fulhamboy

Hi Nick,

Many thanks for your reply , I think your right it’s due to the chemo side effects I hope it improves for your wife and I . 
    Regards 

JFD2165

• Hi a big yes from me...... took a few years to get the back of it completely Disappointed

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi, yes my arms were very painful and I couldn't do simple things like putting my coat on, or any thing that required me to reach backwards etc. I thought it might have been GVHD as the symptoms happened shortly after my SCT. but my consultant said that due to the pain being in the arms and not the joints, it wasn't, but didn't say what it was? It has taken months but the pains have subsided greatly and I can now almost straighten my arms above my head etc. Thankfully, other than random sharp pains in legs (not every day) I haven't had a problem with legs.

Wendy

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Shelleyyy

Thanks Wendy,

The more people I speak to it seems it it the side effects from the chemo . Think I’ve just got to hope it goes in time .

nurofen gel gave me some relief last night for a short time .

regards 

Jfd2165

• Hi guys. 
    I sometimes get spasms in my hands or feet and can’t open them for about 30 seconds and need to gently massage them out. It’s only started happening since my last transplant but thankfully not too often. 
    Regards

Mark

• For some years post allo daughter got cramps, mostly legs and feet but also hands sometimes. All bloods were fine and within good normal levels. We can only think it was a combination of treatments with tiredness and cold. It has eased now that she’s not burning candles at both ends, particularly getting early nights!

Hugs xxx

Moomy