Supporting someone having a stem cell transplant

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 12 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hello everyone,

My daughter is about to be admitted for an autologous stem cell transplant. She lives in another part of the UK from me and so I will visit and stay a couple of days come back to where I live and then go back a few days later.  Does anyone have any obvious practical suggestions of what I need to consider and prepare for ..... 

thank you 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to moomy

Thanks Moomy, we have raised the possibility of BvB with her consultant prior to treatment starting and then again because my daughter had concerns that it wasn’t working which is why she had an early scan after 3 cycles rather than wait until after the 4th. If the scan had not been pet negative BvB would have been the next stage. Now she has had the scan results which show that it is working as a stand-alone she will just have the final treatment this Wednesday and then hopefully be admitted the following week on 19th for the STC to begin....she’s already had her stem cells harvested back in August... 

• hi Greg777

hope you dont mind me jumping in here, thanks for the comment about Bristol, hopefully we're about to embark on the journey with Bristol so this is good to know x