Beatson how long a stay?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 12 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi, I've recently been diagnosed with ALL Leukemia PH+. Nearly done first phase of the UKALL14 treatment plan. If all goes well I should be going to the beatson for my donor stem cell transplant. 

Was wondering how long a stay did you have when you had your transplant and at any point did you have to be re admitted? What were your side effects of treatment? 

Any info and help appreciated

Thanks

Kelly

• Hi

When I was on the trial the 3rd stage was PEG-L-asparaginase.. A rare side effect is pancreatitis.. As I said I was on the trial so it could well have been changed now it has been rolled out. 

Also I decided not to have any more intrathecal chemo after the stem cell transplant. They wanted to give me another 8 but they always made me feel so ill that I declined there kind offer.. lol!

Paul

What is a Community Champion?

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Paul1969

Lol Good to hear you were able to make some decisions for yourself. I don't know if I'll eventually get the PEG but I know I didn't receive it in this first phase as I am PH+ So the PEG was replaced with imatinib. Although I could end up having it at another stage. Are you on any meds for life now? Do you still get blood tests etc?