Caring for adult child

• 3 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Looking for other parents of adult children with terminal cancer

• Hi  to widen your search to connect with others in the same position you benefit from joining and posting in our dedicated….. 

Carers only

and

Supporting someone with incurable cancer

……. support groups where you will connect with a wide range of members navigating the exact same support challenges.

To connect with a group click on the “Bold Italic Links” I have created above …… then once the group page opens click in the [Black - Click to Join - Banner] that appears at the bottom of the page and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

When you are ready……. you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [+ Create new post] or [+] in the top right of the group page.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and support all the family.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Georgiadawg,

Sadly I am in the same position as you. I have a 22 year old daughter with incurable cancer. It is unbelievably difficult to come to terms with isn't it. I sometimes feel as though I could just fall apart but my daughter is so strong & positive that I feel I have to be the same (at least on the outside).  

Affie

• Hi Georgiadawg and Affie, I'm so very sorry that you're both in this heartbreaking place. My daughter has a rare and aggressive cancer but 15 months into treatment (chemo, radio and three surgeries) we are very hopeful. 

Just wanted to say that thoughts and prayers are with you both. I hope you have support around you - you need to take care of yourselves so that you can be there for your children. Pray xx