Hi

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Hi I’m new just wanted to say hello. I have a breast tumour which the biopsy has shown cell changes. They are taking it and surrounding tissue out because of the breast cancer family history. They will test the tumour and tissue from around it to see if they need to do anything else. 

• Morning

Warm welcome to the club no one expected to join...

Although you haven't a diagnosis as yet, this discovery and your family history must have come as a bit of a shock to you :-/

Not all breast lumps are cancerous so it sounds very much like they are erring on the side of caution but this is worrying all the same.

There is a very active (and friendly) Breast Group here (link) you can check out and join. The lovely ladies there can chat with you, answer any surgery and recovery questions you may have while you go through the emotional waiting results period.

Has any of your family been BRCA tested as yet ?

Hope this is of some help at a tough time, sending good luck hugs, G n' J

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Dreamthief

Thank you. I don’t know what BRCA testing is. Is that genetic tests ? My consultant is writing to my GP to ask him to refer for genetics. 
    I will head to the group also thank you so much. 

• Hi

Yes BRCA is the more common genetic test for family history that includes Breast and Ovarian in women and Breast and Prostate cancer in males.

There is further info about BRCA 1 and BRCA 2 here you can have a look through.

It is good your consultant is contacting your GP about this, but if after the tests you are found to carry the brca gene it opens up a can of worms for the whole family - fingers crossed this for you is just coincidental and not genetic.

Look forward to 'chatting' in the breast group, best wishes, G n' J