Hello

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Sorry, if I seem short of words. or the full technical terms

I have been introduced to the team of Macmillan at UHCW (Walsgrave,Coventry) during my recent visit to the consultant for post surgery follow up.

Surgery was removal of testicle, but CT scan shows all clear, but have been asked about receiving Carboplatin Chemotherapy.

Have a meeting with the Health And Welfare event, this coming week, only few days after my Consultant meeting.

Thanks

Tony

• Hi Tony  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us.

A cancer diagnosis can bring a lot of questions but talking with people who are on the same journey can help a lot.

Can I direct you to this link to our very supportive Testicular cancer group as this will open up your concerns to a wider audience who know exactly what you are going through at the moment.

Just follow the link I have created then hit the ‘Join This Group’ tab just under the main group name, then go to the 'Start a Discussion' tab and set up your very own Discussion and introduce yourself to the group and ask your questions.

You may find our various Macmillan Support Line Services to be helpful - call them on 0808 808 00 00 This free service covers Emotional Support, Practical Information. Clinical Information, Financial Support and Work Guidance mostly open 8.00 to 8.00 but check the link.

We also have our ‘Ask an Expert’. section where you can post questions to our mostly Volunteer Experts but please allow 2 working days to get a reply.

When you feel up to it try putting some information in your profile. This really helps others when answering. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. Just click on YOUR username, select 'Edit Profile'. Put as much or as little in your profile and you can amend it at any time - you can see members profiles by hitting our forum names.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

With all the recent events happening so fast, the message got delayed. I will not be having any Chemo treatment, and the chat with the Macmillan nurse again in detail. I am having a blood test observation programme set up

• Good to hear from you again. 

Watch and Wait or as it’s often called Watch and Worry is often a way forward....... I was on W&W for over 14 year’s having some basic Skin treatment before my full on treatment had to start.

If watch and wait is suggested, it means it is in your best interests to keep an eye on your condition and to save other treatments for when they are needed. There is lots of evidence that people do just as well in the long term if they are actively monitored and have other treatments kept until they are really needed.

All the very best and do check out the group I highlighted.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge