U5 at ultrasound today…

• 3 replies
  • 39 subscribers

Hi all,

I went to the breast clinic today after I found a lump a couple of weeks ago. I had a mammogram then an ultrasound. At the ultrasound I also had a biopsy then saw the consultant after. He said that I was U5 which meant that it was highly likely cancer and said he was sorry. Do I take that as I have cancer or wait for the biopsy results to come back?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I was recalled after a routine mammogram and had a further mammogram followed by an ultrasound and then biopsy. I also was told that it was highly likely that the lump was cancerous and this was then confirmed at my appointment with the breast surgeon a few days later.

The online community is divided into different support forums so I'm going to recommend that you join the breast cancer forum which is a great place to ask questions, share experiences and get support.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

Of course you may decide that you'd rather wait to join the forum until after you receive your biopsy results. Do you have a date when the results are expected back?

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi, 

Thank you for replying. I’ll join the other forum too. This is all very new as we haven’t had cancer in our family at all, so really don’t know what to expect. They said that I will have my results in the next two weeks. It’s very mentally challenging I think I’m in shock 

• I probably have a good idea how you feel as I'm the first in my immediate family to have cancer....not a good first!

I would say to try and occupy yourself doing things that you enjoy while waiting for the results and also to stay off Google. If you want to know anything then please ask your questions in the breast cancer group, where you'll connect with people who will give you honest advice, rather than search for information on the internet which can often be very out of date.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"