Hive like rash on back after anesthetic.

• 1 reply
  • 38 subscribers

Hi.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer 3 years ago and had a mastectomy. 

Fast forward to a week ago and I had a toenail removed via an E block?(I was concerned that one toenail stayed a dark colour after the chemo, long after all the other nails had gone back to normal)

After a week, I had the initial dressing removed and notice a few spots on my toe.

That night, I felt my back a bit itchy and sore; my husband thought it was perhaps my clothes, something I ate, heat rash but I'm wondering if it has something to do with the anesthetic a week ago. These 'hive' looking clusters are only on the side of my mastectomy and there's more a pain when taking a deep breath than the itching. 

I am going to make an appointment to see a GP ASAP, but just wondering if anyone else has come up in an unexpected rash because of something slightly unrelated. 

I already have an autoimmune disease Lupus, so not sure if it's a combination of my immune system defecting something it doesn't like and reacting by giving me these raised red rash clusters.

All advice or experiences welcome. 

• Hi  and sorry to hear about the challenges you are having.

Having an anaesthetic like many other treatments can play with the skin……. The skin is actually very reactive…… so it could be down to this but the best people to talk with is your GP.

This New to Community area is like our reception desk so most people tend to move on to our dedicated cancer support groups 

I do see you have been posting in our Breast cancer support group so why not put a post up in the group as I am sure that some members will have had an anaesthetic at some point post BC treatment 

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge