Pancreatic cancer

• 2 replies
  • 40 subscribers

Hi everyone I'm new to this I have recently started getting ill around my pancreas and when I ate it was putting my body in shock so went to my gp 5th Sep this year the gp sent me straight to emergency department at the hospital where they did bloods which were mostly normal my white cell count had something not right then I had xray after this doctor told he's sending me home even though I live alone and he's sending me for fast track ct scan and camera 3 days later I was having ct done but before he sent me home I asked do you know what's wrong and he told me he suspects I have pancreatic cancer and inflammation of the lungs I no longer can eat solids and my gp has put me on starter pack of compact milkshakes but only 1 aday it's been a week since ct and I haven't had my results so you can imagine what my head is like. I have 2 daughters 18 and 27 who are struggling with this worse than me so just wanted someone to talk to as they won't discuss it at all

• Sorry you are having a rough time . Can you contact doctors or hospital for your results x at 

east then you will know what you are up against

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It sounds like you've been through a lot so I can understand you wanting to find others who will understand how you feel.

The online community is divided into different support forums so I'm going to recommend that you join the pancreatic cancer forum, as this is what your GP suspects you might have, which is a great place to ask questions, share experiences and get support.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

If you have any trouble finding your way around just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"