Pancreatic cancer

• 2 replies
  • 39 subscribers

Hi everyone 

my nanna who has just turned 90 has been suffering with a bad back for a couple of weeks now and it got so bad we took her to a&e yesterday, they diagnosed pancreatic cancer which has spread to one lung and above her kidneys. To say we was shocked is an understatement which I’m sure you can all understand. The thing I would like to ask is please please can anyone offer any advice on staying strong for her, she has refused any treatment and just wants to go with the pain relief which I appreciate why she has chosen this option and will support her no matter what, I’m just really really struggling emotionally to be strong and am constantly crying, I know I’m being ridiculous and should be appreciative that she is still with us and she is being so brave and strong but I would really appreciate any advice on how to cope, thank you in advance 

• Hello  

A warm welcome to the Macmillan online Community although I am so sorry to find you here under these circumstances.

The Community is divided up into various forums or chat rooms and to link up with the people who can offer their support at this time I would advise you to join these two forums-

Family and friends forum and

Supporting someone with incurable cancer forum 

To join the forums, just click on the links I have provided and once the page opens up click on "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page. Once you have joined the forum you can then either copy and paste or repost your original post in the "New here - Say Hello" section where it will be seen by other members of the Community.

We also have our Support Line on 0808 808 00 00 (8am to 8pm 7 days a week). If you give them a ring they will also be able to offer you some extra support.

If I can do anything else for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Thank you so much