Lumpectomy

• 3 replies
  • 40 subscribers

Hello, I was diagnosed with triple positive breast cancer in June this year. I am 37 years old. I started having chemotherapy in July. However, after the first session I ended up in intensive care and I had neutropenic sepsis. Following this they said I could no longer have chemotherapy and I have to have surgery now. My surgery is next week. I would like to know if anybody has had a lumpectomy before and what type of scar they chose to have? I was given the choice of a simple scar or a round block mammoplasty. Can you share your experiences with either of these please, thank you. 

• Hello  

A warm welcome to the Macmillan Online Community. The Community is divided up into cancer specific chat rooms or forums and to connect with Community members on the same or similar journey I would advise you to join this forum-

Breast cancer forum 

To join the forum just click on the link I have provided and once the page opens up, just click on "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page. Once you have joined the forum you can either copy and paste or repost your original post in the "New Here - Say Hello" section. There it will be seen by other forum members and you should receive plenty of replies.

If I can do anything else for you please let me know.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi clarity 101, I have recently had a lumpectomy about 6 weeks ago, they called a racquet scar I guess because it’s looks like a racquet with a mammoplasty. The scar I would say is roughly 10 inches but I have a large bust, scar  round the nipple and up towards the arm pit, so far the experience has been ok, just about healed now but some fragile areas on the scarring. There is numbing and hardening to that area, my surgeon explained this is normal. For reference my lump removed 2 was 70mm including the surrounding tissue. I hope this helps a little. 

• Thankyou for sharing your experience with me! xxx