Breast cancer

• 1 reply
  • 39 subscribers

Hello everybody,

I trust you are doing well

I was diagnosed with breast cancer on 19th August.  Very shocked and scared because I have never been ill before bar being born asthmatic.  I am British currently in the Netherlands and will be moving back to London by Christmas.  I started chemotherapy this morning and so far so good (I have been advised to expect nausea in about 6-8 hrs).  I am on DDAC and Paclitaxel and will be for 5 months.  

I would appreciate any advice/help on what to expect, coping mechanisms etc.  I live alone without a support system....scary!

Many thanks,

Sloaney.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Having a cancer diagnosis can be a life altering experience so it's not surprising that you're looking for advice and help on what to expect.

The online community is divided into different support forums sand I can see that you've already found and joined the breast cancer forum which is a great place to ask questions, share experiences and get support.

When you feel ready you can start a new post there in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"