CIN 3

• 2 replies
  • 39 subscribers

Hi, 

I aren’t sure where I can ask for advice, I know CIN 3 is not cancer but I’m scared so I’m hoping there’s someone here who could offer me some advice;

Four weeks ago I went for a colposcopy, the doctor said the smear referral was due to High-Grade Dyskaryosis with ?invasive squamous cell carcinoma. She performed the LLETZ procedure during the colposcopy. This was after my first ever smear at the ripe age of 34 due to my ridiculous fear of going. 

Today I received a letter saying that the summary was;

CIN 3, not completely excised at all margins.

We will be discussing these results at our next colposcopy Multi-disciplinary meeting.

I don’t know what the meeting is about or why my results will be discussed does this mean there was a discrepancy in results? I did the silly thing of googling it all and now panic has set in.

Any knowledge of what happens next would be amazing.

Thank you

• Hi  and welcome to the community.

This new to the community group is where we can direct you to support for your particular issue and chat with others who have been in the same situation.

I’d recommend that you join us in the cervical cancer group, although I of course appreciate that you haven’t had a cancer diagnosis. If you’d like to join the group and put up your post there, I’d be happy to try and help you with your questions. Please just click the link I’ve made here and it will take you directly there.

Cervical Cancer Forum

There will be other ladies there who’ve had similar results and you can chat with us there. I look forward to seeing you.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you so much I will join the group and post xx