Marena coil for Uterine Cancer

• 1 reply
  • 39 subscribers

I have Uterine cancer and had a coil put in to slow down the spreading of the cancer as iam not fit enough for surgery.  It's been 2 weeks and I am bleeding most days , sometime quite heavy and the cramping pain and back pain is unbearable. Is this pain from the coil or the cancer ? Should I see someone about the bleeding?  I am very scared and feeling so unwell. 

Any suggestions or thoughts ? 

Thanks Blush Kelly

• Hello  

A warm welcome to the Macmillan online Community, I am so sorry to find you here.

First of all regarding the bleeding I would urge you to contact your medical team, your GP or call 111 as soon as possible to have this checked out. I do hope you can sort this out.

The "New to the Community" section is where we direct new Community members to the correct place for help and advice and as the Community is divided up into forums or chat rooms I would advise you to join the-

Womb (uterus) cancer forum 

To do this just click on the link I have provided and once the page opens up, click on "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page. Once you have joined the Community you can either repost or copy and paste your original post in the "New Here - Say Hello" where it will be seen and read by other Community members on the same or similar journey.

There is also our "ask a nurse" section where you can ask a Macmillan nurse a question and here's the link-

Ask a Nurse 

As they are busy it may take a couple of days for an answer.

You can also call our Support Line on 0808 808 00 00 (8am to 8pm 7 days a week) where you will be able to obtain some extra support.

I do hope the above helps, if I can do anything else for you please let me know.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.