Recently diagnosed with liver cancer

• 1 reply
  • 39 subscribers

Hi I'm new to this and don't really now what to say I've been recently told I have liver cancer to which I trying to get my head around was sent for CT scan to see if it was anywhere else had a call Sunday after two weeks wait and was told they have found lumps on my peritoneum so need a pet scan if looked online and see it's a rare cancer normally in women well I'm male also it has a very low live expectancy I'm only 50 I have no life cover and I don't know what to do or think or say I'm at my wits end need to take face to face with someone as I'm not good at typing online any ideas greatly received 

• Hello  

A warm welcome to the Macmillan online cancer Community. I am so sorry to find you here. I would say at the outset if you are looking for cancer information, try and use trusted sources such as Macmillan or Cancer Research UK - many items on Dr Google are old, incorrect or just wrong!!

The online Community is divided up into chat rooms or forums which are cancer specific and to start off I would advise you to join the Liver Cancer forum - and here's the link-

Liver cancer forum 

Just click on the link I have been provided and once the page opens up - click on "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page. You can then either copy and paste or repost your original post in the "New Here - Say Hello" section, where it will be seen by Community members on the same or similar journey.

To talk to someone face to face do you have either a Macmillan centre or a "Maggie's" near you (Maggie's is a cancer support charity) - here are the links to find your local centre-

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/in-your-area/choose-location.html

https://www.maggies.org/our-centres/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjumVip64iAMVPZdQBh1cayRfEAAYASAAEgI8WPD_BwE

You can also call our support line on 0808 808 00 00 (8am to 8pm 7 days a week) to speak to someone for help and support.

I do hope the above helps - If i can do anything else for you please let me know.

Best wishes - Brian

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.