Scared and simply offloading

• 3 replies
  • 39 subscribers

Hi. I haven't been on this site for a long while . I had IDC Oestrogen driven 11 years ago - wide excision lumpectomy, 30 lymph nodes removed, chemo and radiotherapy and on Anastrozole for 11 years. diagnosed with CLL 5 years ago and currently on Calquence. Eldest daughter developed breast cancer 18 months ago - double mastectomy, oophorectomy and now letrozole . It was discovered that I carry the BRCA 2 gene and have passed it on to both my daughters - February 2024 at a routine NHS lung test offered to over 60s it was discovered that my husband has metastasised kidney cancer and beginning August I went for same NHS lung test and several active nodules were found in my lungs - tomorrow I find out the biopsy results and whether it is as suspected secondary breast cancer or whether it is a new primary in lungs and I am just reeling - I am 74 years of age and irrationally am beginning to feel somehow that this is all just too much. I know that I have not had a firm diagnosis yet but short of a miracle it will be a cancer and I am panicking whilst trying to remain strong and calm for my daughters and granddaughter - failing rather miserably on both counts! Thank you for giving me a private space to vent. 

• Hello  

Just sometimes you need to get it out of your system and your nearest and dearest are not the ones to vent to as they are your family and support group. On the Community we do have a specific place to vent and here's the link should you or anyone else need it-

The Room 

At 74 you are doing really well and from what I can read into your post you are the rock for your family - I wish you well with your results tomorrow - and you know where we are should you need us - we are all here for you.

With my best wishes. - Brian

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi Millibob

Thank you for your kind reply. I guess I am in the wrong Group as yesterday I was told that I have sqamous lung cancer and not secondary breast cancer (I was so sure that would be the diagnosis) and that it is considered to be stage 4, terminal but hopefully maintainable. I will find out treatment options on next Tuesday when I will be meeting the lung oncologist - am still in shock. Thank you for letting me know about The Room - I think I will need that.

All best wishes

Puti

• Hello Puti ( 

I am so sorry to read of your "new diagnosis" - that's not too good at all! I do wish you all the best for your meeting next Tuesday and although it's Stage 4 as you said

hopefully maintainable.

The oncologists are great at providing solutions now to "keep you going" for years and I am sure there will be a positive outcome even in your circumstances.

I see you have already joined the Lung Cancer forum, we do have another forum you may wish to join and here's the link-

Living with incurable cancer forum - patients only 

As this is one of our "only" groups there may be a delay in you joining as it needs to be "approved".

I wish you well on your journey to come and if I or Macmillan can do anything for you please let us know. There's our support line on 0808 808 00 00 (8am to 8pm 7 days a week) should you wish to speak to someone.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.