Pancreatic Cancer. Just been diagnosed

• 1 reply
  • 39 subscribers

Hello everyone 

I’ve just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I’ve had a CT scan and they’ve discovered a tumour in the head of my pancreas. I’ve got another CT scan this afternoon to check my chest, abdomen and pelvis. I’m also seeing the multi disciplinary team so will have more details and hopefully a plan. It feels surreal at the moment. I’m only 57 and have so much more living to do ! I’m a very much a glass half full type of person so hopefully my positivity will carry me through today . 
Is there anyone else just been diagnosed and feeling a little overwhelmed? Thinking of everyone who is battling this terrible disease. 

• Good Afternoon  

A warm welcome to the Macmillan Online Community, although I am so sorry to find you here.

The Community is divided into cancer specific forums or chat rooms and I would advise you to join the Pancreatic Cancer forum where you will "meet" other Community members on the same or similar journey. To join the forum just click on this link-

Pancreatic cancer forum 

Once the page opens up, just click on "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page. Once you have joined the forum you can then copy and paste or repost your original post in the "New Here - Say Hello" section. There it will be seen by others on the same or similar journey and they will reply offering help and support.

There is also our support line on 0808 808 00 00 (8am to 8pm 7 days a week) where you can also find additional support.

I hope this helps - if I can do anything else for you please let me know.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.