Oropharyngeal cancer diagnosed

• 2 replies
  • 39 subscribers

I’ve had all my back teeth out on one side of my mouth last week and I’m going to have the others on the other side of my mouth out next Wednesday.

I’ve had all my back teeth out on one side of my mouth last week and I’m going to have the others on the other side of my mouth out next Wednesday. The week after I am having a stomach feeding tube then two weeks after I start radical chemo radiation therapy,

I really don’t know how bad the chemo radiation therapy is going to be And I felt quite isolated and alone right now

• Hi Roger

T2N1M0 tonsil cancer.... ChemoRadio finished June 2023

Treatment is a tough gig but HPV16+ cancers have a very good cure rate ...circa 90%

Have a look at the head and neck cancer forum, plenty of support and sound advice from others who have walked in your shoes.

Just click on this link....Head and neck cancer forum | Macmillan Online Community

Take care

Peter

• Morning Pete 

thanks for your response. Havnt had any discussion about HPV at all yet. Just read about this so will ask CNS. 

large family and toxic positivity has been overwhelming. The pain from having molars out last Wednesday has been quite severe also. 

I’ll head over to the forum. Thanks for the heads up. 

Regards

Roger