Endometrial cancer

• 4 replies
  • 39 subscribers

Hi everyone.I'm not good with technical stuff so I hope someone can read this.I was diagnosed after having an endometrial biopsy on 13th August.I got the biopsy results on the 21st.I had a bleed on the 2nd of May and went straight to my doctor who at first offered me an appointment for the following week which I refused because I knew it was an emergency.I got an internal,also a swab done.The GP said she couldn't feel any lumps or bumps. The swab was sent away and there was blood on it.So the following week I got a phone call from the surgery saying I had a bad infection and I was to take antibiotics for a week.The GP said she had sent an urgent cancer referral and it would be 2-3 weeks.6 weeks later there still was no appointment.I phoned gynea and they said the waiting time was 95 days.I went to the nurse as I had a discharge and the next day I had a cancellation.The gynaecologist called me in and said I'm sorry it's cancer but she didn't know if it had spread or the stage it's at.So now I am waiting for it and  mri scans. I am absolutely terrified.I'm 69 and the thoughts I have in my head are not good.My mental health has always been terrible but I'm really ill.I have been waiting 105 days just to be seen.Any advice is appreciated.Thanks

• Hi again  I see that you have just replied to my reply to your first post in this group so I will give you more guidance on that post.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks.I have no idea what I'm doing.I find this complicated

• Wow! What a horrible experience…I send my sympathy…these are still strange times and I think the NHS is still struggling.

I have had tiny blood seeping for a couple of years but only recently had the opportunity to mention to a doctor. I think I am now also getting little cramps..

I had a pelvic scan a couple of weeks ago, and had a call last week to say something is not right.

I’ve got a uterus biopsy on Thursday afternoon.

I’m feeling a bit scared too. The waiting is horrible and I’m not looking forward to the procedure either.

I am 63

Best wishes to you…

• Hi   and a very warm welcome to the Community.

The Community is actually divided into dedicated Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend that you join and put up your own post in our dedicated Womb Cancer Support Group.

This is a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support. To connect in with the group please click on the link below…….

Womb (uterus) cancer

……. and when the group page opens you will see a [Black - Click to Join - Banner] at the bottom of the page, click in this box and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

You can then introduce yourself to the group by putting up your very own post by clicking [+ Create new post]or [+] in the top right of the group page.

The Macmillan Support Line is open between 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support or just a listening ear.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge