Post cancer feelings

• 1 reply
  • 39 subscribers

Hi, I’m June and I had breast cancer in January 2022.

i had a removal of tumour and full clearance of lymph nodes. In my breast the cancer was DCIS. And one of my 24 lymph nodes was aggressive cancer. After first session of chemo I was admitted with perforated stomach due to a burst ulcer, I was in hospital for two weeks then I began chemo again.

I had six sessions of chemo 3 of one type and 3 of another, 15 sessions of radiotherapy. The side effects of the second session was very hard losing my nails, ulcers in my mouth and various of infections.

I am now nearly two years post cancer and am feeling very low moods and not wanting to go out or meet up with friends.

i have developed high cholesterol, high blood pressure.

I really don’t know what to do. I hate hospitals and am afraid if injections now as well.

Does anyone have the same feelings and what have you done to overcome this?

• Hi June/  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read how you're feeling after having finished your breast cancer treatment.

The online community is divided into different support forums and I can see that you've already found and joined the life after cancer forum which is a great place to for people who have finished treatment to discuss things like the physical and emotional after effects of cancer, returning to work, or trying to move on with your life.

When you feel ready to post there you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"