Head MRI results - not sure how to read them

• 1 reply
  • 38 subscribers

I have felt with a lot of loss over the last few years my aunt who beat bowl cancer but then died in her 50’s to pneumonia and then my mum in her 50s to heart disease- I have since had chronic health anxiety and my blood pressure has gone high which I am on medication for. 

I was getting numbness and tingling in my face so I was referred to a neurologist and then sent for an MRI and I now have my results and am spiralling out of control as am so scared and am not sure if I am over reading it. 

MRI brain that was performed on 26th July and was reported by Consultant Neurologist. It is reported to show no significant intracranial abnormality. It does show a few tiny T2/FLAIR hyperintense foci in the subcortical white matter of the frontal lobes. No evidence of typical demyelinating plaques or a mass. I note patient has a history of migraine, and non-specific white matter changes are not uncommon to see in patients with migraine. Mucosal paranasal sinus disease is noted on both sides. I would suggest GP to review if clinically relevant. No further routine appointments arranged for patient. If any clinical concerns, please feel free to refer back to service.

i have been crying non stop since i had a 2 year old. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Community but I am sorry to hear about your ongoing concerns.

First the Macmillan Support Line is open between 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support or just a listening ear.

I do see that you have put up a post to our nurse team, please note that it can take up to 3 working days to get a reply.

I have been on my incurable cancer journey for over 25 years and have had lots of CT scans and a few MRIs……. honestly reports are all very confusing so I put my trust in my consultants to report back to me if there are problems and as to what the next steps should be……. But I am always happy when there are no issues reported and no follow up is required.

Do go talk with your GP as they are also in a good position to interpret what your report means.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge