Unsure and scared

• 2 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hello !

Feeling totally overwhelmed and completely uninformed 

I had an abnormal smear..referred for colposcopy at the end of May. Met consultant doing colposcopy and he explained something about stages and I was stage 2-3? 

Had colposcopy and treatment to remove abnormal cells and a biopsy there and then. Was told this treatment essentially 'reset' so no more abnormal cells follow up would likely be smear in 6 months and biopsy results by post.

Went on an extended 6 week trip and 1 week in a letter arrived with another colposcopy appointment (and no results)dated 2 weeks from letter which I had to get changed as in another country. New appointment is Sept 11 as consultant is on holiday throughout August 

I called the office as don't know if I'm having another colposcopy..if so what to do/what is being looked for?r Or face to face results? Secretary was lovely but couldn't tell me 

Don't really know what I'm asking but is this a regular step? Guess I'm just worried and sept just seems so long away...

Anyway thanks for reading

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Community but sorry to hear about your ongoing investigations.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer journey can help a lot.

This New to Community area is like our reception desk where we look to try and direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is actually divided into dedicated Support Groups (Discussion Rooms)…… but I do see you have ahead joined our dedicated Cervical Cancer support group. This is a safe place to talk to others who have navigated the same journey to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group please click on the link below…….

Cervical cancer

…… then once the group page opens you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [+ Create new post]or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support or just a listening ear.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you. I've just reposted in the cervical cancer forum. Appreciate the direction Arrow up