Another Newby

• 2 replies
  • 39 subscribers

Just wanted to say hi.I'm here because I was diagnosed with breast cancer in January of 2023  and had surgery in February to remove a 3cm musiginous carcinoma; followed by a short course of radiotherapy in April.

So far, I'm doing pretty well. But I know it helps to have other people who've had similar experiences, to talk to.. so, here I am

• Hi   and a very warm welcome to the Community and I am glad to read that you have got on ok with your treatment.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting and giving support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer journey can help a lot. (I have a completely different cancer).

This New to Community area is like our reception desk where we look to try and direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is actually divided into dedicated Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend that you join and put up a post in our dedicated Breast Cancer support group. This is a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and give and get support.

To connect in with the group please click on the link below…….

Breast cancer

…… then once the group page opens you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [+ Create new post]or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi,  I'm new myself.  I was just diagnosed yesterday with a Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma.  I have actually survived two Malignant Melanomas, but was fairly young then so it's different now I'm older and contemplating my own mortality.  I'm pretty terrified, but trying not to show it.  I'm pleased to hear you are doing well and hope that that continues for you.

Hazel x