Struggles with damage and after affects of chemo with swollen feet

• 1 reply
  • 39 subscribers

My dad has had cancer twice and although now clear is suffering with the after affects.  His heart and kidneys are damaged from the treatment which finished a couple of years ago.  His feet are incredibly swollen and painful and also his lower legs.  He has been advised to sit with his feet up, which he spends most of his life doing and not getting out and about (or up much).  It seems to be a catch 22 situation as he finds it painful to walk, but the lack of movement is probably also contributing.  

Is there anything that he can do to try and reduce the swelling other than just sitting with his feet up for days on end?  I have looked up natural remedies, which seem to be for natural kidney problems - but obviously this is different.

He also suffers from cramp in his legs 

Any advise would be much appreciated, thank you

• Hi  

I wondered if you meant to post this in the Hodgkin lymphoma forum, which I can see you've posted in previously?

However, if these side effects have come about after his second cancer diagnosis you could either let me know what type of cancer he has, and I'll give you a direct link to that forum, or take a look through this list.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"