My husband has colon cancer

• 33 replies
  • 43 subscribers

My husband has colon cancer, it's been found in the early stages....we have a young family, our youngest two are 9 andc10...we are 51 and 53....

I don't feel like I'm supporting him well enough, he's a big character,  and has turned to drink as he's scared....he keeps having out bursts of tears and strong emotions, which of course is understandable...he's recently had an mri scan, and we hear tomorrow,  what the plan is...

I just want to carry on as normal especially in front of the kids, until we know the outcome of that....but I'm really struggling to hold it together...I need to be strong for him and the kids, and I'm terrified of the future...I'm kind of shutting him out, just when he needs me most...I really don't know what to do or feel...any advice would be so very welcome, as I've no one to talk to about all this...thank you! X

• Hope you have had some news x 

• Hi....there no cancer elsewhere which is what my hubby was scared of....he does need another MRI on his liver, as there are lesions there, and just to be sure it needs checking..

Hubby is in a much better place now, so therefore I'm in a better place too....so thankful for your advice and interest,it means more than you know...here for you too, when u need to chat,  anytime at all.sending virtual hugs and love...we can all get through this Heart️

• That is fabulous news. And exactly the same as ours. We had to have another mri on HB liver as there was a cyst. It was only that though. The waiting was hideous as we were both petrified it had spread. Honestly your story is so similar to mine. 
    has a treatment plan been suggested? 

xx

• Yes surgery to get the  cancer cut out, and the colon sewed back together...is that the same with your husband? Xxxx

• Yes exactly that. And then final pathology to double confirm no spread and therefore no chemo. Have they talked about stomas at all? How long will the wait be for your surgery? Ours is the week after next and I’m getting quite anxious about that x

• There should be no need for a stoma we've been told...and no date as yet for surgery, I think they are just waiting for all the results from the next mri to move forward with a date...

I know we will feel very anxious too when a date for the op is set, so I think how your both feeling is very normal...it will soon be behind you, and you can get back to living again...Heart️

• Wow. A day of mixed feelings. Keep in touch. We will get through this together. I’ll update my story on the BC page. 

ps still not told the kids. Will tell them daddy having tummy operation on Sunday. No mention of c word. 

pps where do you live? Would be nice if you were local. I’m in beds/bucks x 

• I live in wirral Merseyside,  near Liverpool...we told the three out of our of our kids, our youngest is autistic and wouldn't understand..we are keeping it all very positive ...how old are you and your kids? So is it this Sunday your hubby has his op?? Xxxx

• No op on 27th. Telling kids on Sunday. Xx the Wirral - we got our puppy from there! Xx

• Oh I see, well I wish you all the luck in telling them!! We have two cocker spaniels Slight smile what is your puppy? 

Lovely that you know of the wirral, most people have never heard of it! Grinningxxxxx