• 3 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi all I’m new to group, hubby has been diagnosed with T cell rich b cell lymphoma, grade 4. We're trying to stay positive, can’t find much info. I’d appreciate anything anyone has any advice on. He’s had one lot of chemo but since being staged he’s had to have a tweak in treatment plan, his next appointment has been changed from Friday to Monday. 

• Hi   and warm welcome to the Macmillan Online Community although sorry that you had to find us and especially sorry to hear about your husband’s Lymphoma diagnosis.

I am Mike and I help out around our Lymphoma groups. 

I don’t have Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma….. but for some context I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare (8 in a million) incurable but treatable type of Cutaneous T-Cell NHL (a type of slow growing Low-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma) ……. eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 when a second, also rare (4 in a million) type of aggressive Peripheral T-Cell - Not Otherwise Specified NHL (a type of fast growing High-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma) was then presenting so although my Lymphoma ‘type’ is different I most definitely appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

This will all feel overwhelming, but it is very important to understand that in general Lymphoma, at any stage us very treatable with good results.

This New to Community area is like our reception desk where we look to try and direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is actually divided into dedicated Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend that you join and put up a post in our dedicated……

Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma

…… support group. This group is a safe places to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect with a group click on the “Bold Italic Link” I have created above …… then once the group page opens click in the [Black - Click to Join - Banner] that appears at the bottom of the page and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

When you are ready……. you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [ + Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

I will keep an eye open for you but if you are not sure what type you have pleased do get back to me on this post and I will help you out further ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you, after having a look around this morning I’ve found some helpful posts, diffuse b group you mentioned being one I just joined. I’m just looking for info on the cancer but also the best way to support my hubby going through this. I know there’s know easy way but I’m at a loss on how best to support him.

• Hi again  do put up a post in the dedicated Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma support group and we can help you out further ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge