Hi all a bit about my current bladder cancer journey.

• 2 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi all just thought I’d say hello and give a brief introduction of where I am at currently.

I had a frank hematuria  episode about 7 weeks ago now. Went to the doctors and had various tests done and then had a flexible cystoscopy and a tumour was found in my bladder. Thankfully no spread, lymph nodes were fine etc.

A few weeks later and I was in hospital for my TURBT operation which went well.

i had my follow up and was diagnosed as Grade 2 (low) pTa NOMO transitional carcinoma of the bladder. I have a stent in currently as my left ureteric orifice also needed some resection.

I am 46 years old. I am also just over 3 weeks since my TURBT to remove the 10mm tumour which was fully resected. No chemo treatment instilled due to ureteric resection, and advised at this stage it would take 6 instillations to achieve the same effect so not currently advised.

so yeah that’s my introduction sorry I was trying to keep it brief but give some background.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Community but sorry to hear about your diagnoses and your story so far.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer journey can help a lot. (I have a completely different cancer).

This New to Community area is like our reception desk where we look to try and direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is actually divided into dedicated Support Groups (Discussion Rooms)……. but I do see that you have already joined our dedicated Bladder Cancer support group. This is a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group please click on the link below…….

Bladder cancer

…… then once the group page opens you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [+ Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and give support to all the family.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community but in the meantime all the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks for the warm welcome. 

My name is Simon. But Si is also fine, in fact you can call me anything you like it’s only a name after all Joy

Much love and hope to everyone past future and present. 

I also hate autocorrect and hope people can make sense out of my posts when it changes half the words I type.