Secrets secrets....

• 3 replies
  • 39 subscribers

When I met my partner 2 years ago I knew he had cancer. Didn't put me off dating him and he really has changed my world for the better. BUT. It's a secret from his friends and family and has been all the time. He says they will treat him differently. Long covid (he did have) is a good excuse for bad days hospital's etc. But he gets understandably angry, frustrated and I feel I get the brunt of it behind closed doors. Now another mass found so waiting for results.

• Do people keep this a secret??  I'm finding it exhausting but I do love him and want to care for him
  • Hi  

I think you may have meant to post this in the supporting someone with incurable cancer forum which I signposted you to previously. To save you typing it out again you could copy and paste it into a new post there.

If you need any help navigating the community let me know and I'll be pleased to help.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Sorry I really don't know how. Just delete it all please.

• Hi again

To get to the forum I mentioned just click here. Once there, click on the '+' sign or the '+Create new post' box just like you did when you started a new post here.

If you really want your post deleting then you'll need to email the community team at community@macmillan.org.uk as they're the only people who can delete posts.

I hope this helps

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"