Something ‘sinister’ in husbands neck

• 2 replies
  • 39 subscribers

Husband had an ultrasound and needle biopsy, the following week a ct scan of a lump in one side of his neck. Today, the first time we have seen anybody, we are told the biopsy indicated that there is something sinister in the lump which is actually the lymph node. The ct scan showed nothing and neither did the camera the doctor put in his nose today. My husband has been feeling fine. He has to wait for an appointment for a pet scan and an investigation under anaesthetic. 

We are blind sided, neither of us saw it coming. 

I feel really upset for him and I’m scared, I feel all over the place. 

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community but so sorry to hear about your husbands ongoing diagnosis.

Navigating a diagnostic journey can be such a stressful and challenging time…… at this point in time it’s hard to direct you to a specific support group as a neck lymph-node biopsy can relate to different conditions.

But should he receive a cancer diagnosis you may want to check THIS LIST where you will find all our dedicated cancer support groups listed.

These groups are safe places to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support from members who are navigating the exact same journey.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support or just a listening ear.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community or want to chat more ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Birdy

Further investigation will get to the bottom of the issue ...may be nothing to worry about

I had a similar experience....swollen tonsil and neck lump....nearly 2 years until urgent referral booked....T2N1M0 tonsil cancer HPV16+ diagnosed....treatment has an excellent success rate....have a look at.....Head and neck cancer forum | Macmillan Online Community

Peter