Where can I ask about mouth hair...?

• 2 replies
  • 39 subscribers

Hi.

I'm new to the forum and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction

I had my T3 ACC removed a couple of weeks ago, along with some jaw and the roof of my mouth, which they patched with a skin flap from my forearm. I'm still feeling pretty beat up, which is expected although I'm recovering well.

But one of the outcomes of the surgery that I didn't expect was that the skin of my hairy arm has become the hairy roof of my mouth. It's like I have a moustache on the inside!

I just wondered if there was a forum for people going through the MaxFac journey or if anyone has experienced this and has any advice?

I know in the grand scheme of things, it seems so silly to get caught up on mouth hair, but I feel like I prepared myself for all the big stuff, like scarring and facial paralysis but it's the mouth hair that's really getting to me right now.

Thank you in advance Heart️ Hope everyone is having a bearable day

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

The online community is divided into different support forums and I can see that you've already found and joined the adenoid cystic carcinoma forum which is a great place to ask your question and to share experiences with others.

When you feel ready, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you! I'll head over there and ask.