Rare ovarian cancer and other worries

• 1 reply
  • 38 subscribers

Hi all,

I dont really know where to start, so here's a quick outline of my journey so far.

1. oct 23, I collapsed with severe abdominal pain
  2. Had a CT scan and a 9cm "cyst" was found
  3. By December 23 it 40cm and had my right ovary removed, the cyst had burst before operating
  4. Feb 24 I was diagnosed with a rare mucinous ovarian cancer, which is slow growing, but non responsove to chemo. I was told I'd have check ups every 3 months and that of it cane back anywhere, surgery was the treatment
  5. June 24, I had a folow up. Endoscopy, colonoscopy and CT scan ordered. Endoscopy and colonoscopy where clear, CT scan showed anl new cyst on my left ovary
  6. PET scan was done in July, and I had the results last week. This shown the ovarian cyst we already knew was there, some activity on my sigmoid colon (on the outside) and small activity in my breast.
  7. Booked in for a mammogram and biopsy on 12th August
  8. Booked in for surgery (full hysterectomy, and either shaving the colon or colon surgery with potential stoma)
  9. Chemo will start after, and I'll also be going through surgical menopause (I'm 33)
  10. Will obviously need to wait for the breast results to see if I can have HRT, or if it will affect what chemo I can have

I guess I have many questions, why has this happened, how do I tell my parents (I haven't told them about the diagbosis yet) and why is it in 3 places. I am currently diagnosed as stage 1c2, but petrified this is going to change to stage 4 after surgery. I dont want to die. I have the nost supportove partner amd my 2 kids (12 and 10) are aware of the ovarian cancer (they're both currently doing ok). Anyway, I cant get myvhead around being so "ill" when I'm the fottest and strongest I think I've ever been.

I wish everyone well. 

Thanks

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Community but sorry to hear about your ongoing journey.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer journey can help a lot. (I have a completely different cancer).

This New to Community area is like our reception desk where we look to try and direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is actually divided into dedicated Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend you join and post in our dedicated support groups. These groups are safe places to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group please click on the link below…….

Ovarian cancer

Breast cancer ?

…… then once the group page opens click in the [Black - Click to Join - Banner] that appears at the bottom of the page and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

When you are ready……. you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [+ Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and give support to all the family.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge