Insecurities

• 3 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi, I wish I knew about this group 5 years ago. I don’t know if this is ok to post or not. 
I had a lumpectomy 5 years ago , have had chemo and radiotherapy and numerous post operations, needless to say I have a constant reminder that I look awful. 
only just found out that for the past 5 years my husband has been secretly on chat and dating sites. 
we just started councelling but it makes me angry and sad that he obviously went to those sites because of how I look. 
any advice on how to get over this? I feel that I can’t . Is it normal for your partner to go off you? And look elsewhere? 
he wasn’t very supportive throughout my treatments but now I know why. Sometimes if feels like you’ve been through the worse things then this happens and I feel it’s my fault. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Community but sorry to hear about the challenges you are dealing with.

Navigating post treatment life can be such a stressful and challenging time. I have been on my incurable blood cancer rollercoaster for over 25 years but fortunately have not had to deal with the challenges you are dealing with but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer journey can help a lot.

This New to Community area is like our reception desk where we look to try and direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is actually divided into dedicated Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend you join and post in our dedicated Breast Cancer support group. This will be a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, emotional experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group please click on the link below…….

Breast cancer

…… then once the group page opens click in the [Black - Click to Join - Banner] that appears at the bottom of the page and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

When you are ready……. you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [+ Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

You may also want to have a look through our general Life after Cancer Group support group as well.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides practical information, emotional support or just a listening ear.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mike,

thank you for taking the time to respond. Sorry for the message, I was extremely upset last night after going to councelling and needed to reach out to someone. 
    I will try the link you sent. 
    im sorry to hear about your situation, I hope you’re okay. 

Tricia 

• Hi again Tracie. Do connect in with the various support areas.

As for me…… I am coming up to 9 years since my last treatment and am living a great life ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge