Abnormal cervix

• 1 reply
  • 38 subscribers

Hi I have been getting pain for around 3 months and bleeding during intercourse, left side pain and a lot of heartburn and knee pain…all swabs and uti tests clear, doctor examined me and said my cervix looks fairly irregular and asked if there was and history in family of cervical cancer. She then so referred me urgently for a smear still waiting for results and for colposcopy within 2 weeks (this is on Tuesday16th July) I did however have an ultrasound today but the lady that done it said she can’t see anything to be alarmed about… is this normal for ultrasounds to be

• Hi   and a very warm welcome to the Community but sorry to hear about your ongoing investigations.

Navigating a diagnosis journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' path can help a lot.

This New to Community area is like our reception desk where we look to try and direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is actually divided into dedicated Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend you join and post in our dedicated Cervical Cancer support group. This will be a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group please click on the link below…….

Cervical cancer forum

…… then once the group page opens click in the [Black - Click to Join - Banner] that appears at the bottom of the page and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

When you are ready……. you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [+ Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support or just a listening ear.

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow 3 working days for a reply.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge