Available friends and family support

• 1 reply
  • 39 subscribers

Hello,

I am very new to the community and was looking for any available friends and family support (online or in-person) as I am struggling to find a group within my catchment area. 

My mum has stage 4 lung cancer with metastasis in brain and is currently undergoing immunotherapy. She’s finished all her rounds of chemotherapy. It’s been a really tough journey with many ups and downs and I feel I could benefit from peer support. Not sure where to look, I haven’t been able to find anything so far for my mums specific cancer or friends/family support online

i think I’m looking in the wrong places. Any advice or signposting welcome! 

Thank you.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your mum has been diagnosed with lung cancer which has spread to her brain and I know what a difficult time this must be for you.

As you know, the online community is divided into different support forums so I'm going to recommend that you also join, in addition to family and friends which you've already joined, the lung cancer and secondary brain cancer forums where you can ask questions and share experiences about your mum's cancer and treatment.

To join, just click on the links I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your mum's diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"