Gynae referral and worried

• 3 replies
  • 40 subscribers

Hi all, I have been doing the “Google” thing which i know you shouldn’t do. I had a hysteroscopy biopsy at the beginning of the year and was told it was ok but they couldn’t view all of the uterus or annexa, due to extensive scarring / adhesions. This surprised me as I have never had any uterine surgery or infection. There was no follow up to explain. However this week I have started bleeding again for 7 days now. My GP has referred me back to the hospital. I just have a horrible horrible feeling that something sinister is going on. As well as the bleeding I have period type pain and being 57 that stopped many years ago. I think I convinced myself that because they couldn’t view the uterus they couldn’t see what may have been going on within the scarring g and behind it. Just feel a sense of dread at the moment. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that you're being referred back to the hospital after experiencing bleeding and it's natural to fear the worst.

As the online community is divided into different support forums I'm going to recommend that you join the womb cancer forum, not because I think you have cancer, but because you'll then be able to connect with other women who may have had similar symptoms to yourself whether that's gone on to be cancer or not.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

Please do try to stay away from Dr Google as you'll always read the worst case scenarios. It's much better to talk to real people here.

((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi,

I hope your well. Can I ask what was your outcome? Did you get some answers as to what was going on?