Waiting

• 8 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi, so a few months ago I found that a mole had changed colour and shape. I stupidly ignored it thinking I might have hurt it somehow and it was fine....it never got better saw a doctor who was worried about it quickly then saw the dermatologist who was also worried about it and then waited 3 weeks for it to be take off.... that's now today I'm already an anxious person and this is tipping me over. Even the wait for it to be take off the mole got taller and from the doctors reactions I'm.guessing its probably going to be melanoma and I'm really worried if it is about how long does it take to get the CT done and the results from that.   I have been so worried that I'm constantly now feeling like I'm.going to be sick and I have a "doggie" tummy. I feel I'm being so dramatic and everyone around me is saying it will be OK but I just can't help but thunk the worst.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Community but sorry to hear about your ongoing diagnoses. Only time will tell what this is, unfortunately getting a clear diagnosis just takes time.

Navigating a diagnosis journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' journey can help a lot. (I have a completely different cancer).

This New to Community area is like our reception desk where we look to try and direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is actually divided into dedicated Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend you join and post in our dedicated Melanoma or Skin Cancer support groups. These groups are safe places to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with a group please click on the link below…….

Melanoma

Skin cancer

…… then once the group page opens click in the [Black - Click to Join - Banner] that appears at the bottom of the page and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

When you are ready……. you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [+ Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support or just a listening ear.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and give support to all the family.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through. It's completely normal to feel anxious, but try to stay hopeful until you have more information. The waiting can be tough, but know that you're not alone in this. Stay strong.
  • Hi I'm sky I have just been told I have a skin cancer mine is a rush I now how you feel its so worrying every day is stressful and people seem to think it's just a skin cancer and you don't need to worrie . I know to them it's nothing to me it's a big deal a really big deal and that's how I feel so I know what your going though. Its shit but try doing something for your self you injoy I've been just doing stuff that takes my mind away just for a few mins or a couple of hour because you will be worried xx

• Hi  sorry to hear about your diagnosis….., do check out the groups I have highlighted in my reply to  as there is lots of support  in the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thankyou, I will.join the groups

• Hey,I'm really sorry this is happening to you to .... It really does feel like people think that yeah. Always saying it will.be fine because it's so treatable. But if I have it I have no idea how I'll I will get and there is still always a chance its spread and we'll you know i also have 3 chirldren and a disabledhusband to care for so i really dont know what to do if i get to ill.... I'm an over thinker witch makes it worse.  

• Hi mantilla sorry it's taken me so long to reply I have a sick husband to my son is grown its still hard to take care of him and try not to let him not I'm scared I'm sure your the Same 

• Hey, Yeah I am. I have my fingers crossed that everyone gets their results ASAP then at least we can know where we are.