• 2 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi all,I'm new today here...but my cancer journey started almost 6yrs ago with skin melanoma on my back which was diagnosed and removed on the same day

I attended the dermatology clinic for 5yrs for skin and lymph node assessment only,I had no other treatments 

Two weeks prior to completing my 5yr follow up I noticed blood in my urine,saw my GP - 2wk referral pathway to Urology - tumour identified and removed,unfortunately they perforated my bladder so no treatment could be given until it healed.Meantime CT scan revealed lung tumour at lower lobe L lung -

L lower lobectomy was carried out  - then had MRI of brain as this was the only area not viewed yet ,I had no symptoms of brain involvement until 2 days prior to MRI,dizziness,vomiting and vision in L eye was blurry !

MRI confirmed brain melanoma mets !

I was commenced on my first ever treatment in May of this year ...double immunotherapy treatments every 3wks for initial 4 month period to reassess and plan a way forward.

The only one of my cancers that wasn't Melanoma was my bladder !

I'm happy to be here and hoping for support from fellow members 

I retired from nursing in 2018 after a 35 year career Sweat smile 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It sounds like you've had a lot to deal with over the last five years.

As the online community is divided into different support forums I'm going to recommend that you join us over in the melanoma forum which is a great place to connect with others who have melanoma which has spread.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you for the warm welcome Pray 

I've now uploaded details of diagnoses and treatments to date on two sites including melanoma forum Thumbsup