Being patted down and going through airport security

• 2 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Hello,

I have been through breast cancer treatment, chemo, radiotherapy and surgery. Lymph node’s removed. Large parts of Breasts removed.
On going through airport security I am always patted down and directed to go through the X-ray machine.

I was told that my underarm keeps showing up as something suspicious.

Has anyone experienced this and is there anything anyone can suggest to make this easier when going through security. I’m not asking for special treatment, its just that sometimes when being patted down the security ladies have been a bit brutal, I am still very tender and can’t fully stretch my arms above my head for the screening.

Any advice would be very much appreciated

Kind regards

AG

• Hi  I have no experience of this happening but let’s look for any community group members with experience to pick up on your question.

This New to Community area is like our reception desk so most people move away into our dedicated Support Groups (Discussion Rooms).

I see you have been active in our support groups so it would be worth putting the same post up in these groups.

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow 3 working days for a reply.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge