feeling lost in the system

• 2 replies
  • 39 subscribers

Hi all, newly diagnosed with stage 2 BC on 31st May. Had my scans and biopsy done in Falkirk but as im in grampian area i was referred back to that team. 

i was initially told on 6th June that i had been discussed at a meeting and would be sent a letter in 2 weeks for a consultant appointment. 

well after a few phone calls to chase up this week as no letter has been sent out, ive been told that i will be discussed at the meeting next week then wait for a letter to get sent out. i feel like im lost in the system. 

How has everyone coped with the waiting, and the not knowing when your getting to be seen. Life has just had a huge pause button pushed and im in limbo. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that you've recently been diagnosed with cancer and waiting for appointments and treatment to start can feel like an eternity.

The online community is divided into different support forums and, as I'm not sure if the BC you mention is bladder cancer or breast cancer, I'm going to put links to both forums below so that you can choose the correct one. 

Bladder cancer forum

Breast cancer forum

To join, just click on the link and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you appreciate the help. I will update my profile. It's breast cancer I have so will pop over n look at that forum x