Hello, new member here

• 1 reply
  • 36 subscribers

Hello all, thank you for having me here. I have not been officially diagnosed but with CT imaging my doctors say I have a 5cm tumor in my cervix. Was diagnosed by imaging in January 2024. I lost health insurance and have not been back to any doctors. They also identified 4 more tumors ranging in sizes on my liver, kidney and lung. I've been battling severe stabbing pelvic pain for nearly 2 years now which prompted the imaging as my OB doctor apparently is an idiot and it took me going to my primary to get any sort of testing done. Long story short about 6 days ago I began running a low grade fever 99-101.5 I've tested for covid 3 times it's negative. Fever breaks about 4-6 hrs with Tylenol and ibuprofen but come right back. Was wondering if this could be a sign of worse things? I don't have Insurance so I'm scared to go back to a Dr in fear of racking up bills I can't pay.  

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Macmillan Community but sorry to hear about your ongoing challenges.

From reading your post I am assuming that you are not in the UK….. most likely the USA?

It is important to understand that Macmillan Cancer Support is a UK based cancer charity so a very high percentage of our group members are from the UK…… and our Health Service provision is very different from other countries..

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer journey can help a lot.

This New to Community area is like our reception desk where we look to try and direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is actually divided into dedicated Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend you join and post in our dedicated Cervical Cancer support group. This will be a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group please click on the link below……..

Cervical cancer forum

…… then once the group page opens click in the [Black - Click to Join - Banner] that appears at the bottom of the page and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

When you are ready……. you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [+ Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

We do have our Ask an Expert section but do allow 3 working days for a reply.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge