Worried constantly

• 5 replies
  • 39 subscribers

I’m always worrying about new symptoms that I get and also worrying that the cancer has spread. My blood tests are okay but still stressing about these things. 

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community but so sorry to hear about your concerns.

This New to Community area is like our reception desk where we look to direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is actually divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) but you don’t say what type of cancer you have but if you care to have a look through THIS LIST you will find all our dedicated cancer support groups listed.

These groups are safe places to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support from members who are navigating the exact same journey.

Have a look through the LIST above and once you find the support group for your cancer type....... click on the link and when the group page opens you will see a [ Black - Click to Join - Banner ] at the bottom of the page, click in this box and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

When you are ready……. you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [ + Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear.

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow 3 working days for a reply.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Kamy, SAME - I'm bouncing between normality and ignoring it and falling off the cliff, and I'm sure that you are feeling the same way and I'm sorry that I don't have the answer but just wanted to reach out and send a big hug to let you know I understand - and its crap. 

• Hi  and a welcome to you. Do have a look through the list I have highlighted in my first post where you will find out support groups listed….. do get back to me if you need further help connecting in with the wider community,

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you very much. We will just have to take one day at a time and keep going. 

• Hi again  i see that you have joined our dedicated Non-Hodgkin lymphoma support group...... come over and put up a post...... I was diagnosed with my first type of Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 1999 with my second type coming along in late 2013........ and after 25 years I am still here living a great life.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge