Looks like round 2 - here we go again :-(

• 1 reply
  • 52 subscribers

Hi all,

Not been on here for 4 yrs after my first dcis diagnosis which was 15cm of which I had a mastectomy with immediate diep reconstruction followed by 6wks of daily radiotherapy. 

Soo - had my annual mammogram on the remaining original boob on 28th then this Wednesday got a call saying can I go back in the morning for further tests. Went in and had the repeat mammogram, an ultra sound and then biopsy followed by pins being put in for easy location guide. I’ve been shown and told about a 1cm mass they have picked up on which wasn’t there last yr. Now got to wait upto 2 weeks for the results. Since then my head is a total shed, I don’t know if I can really wait that long. I go from forgetting for an hour or so then boom I remember and have meltdowns. I know from last time that the delays can’t be helped but just the thought that I have to go through it all again is killing me! I’m a single mum of a 10yr daughter and don’t want to have to put her through all that again let alone my retired parents and my partner of a year.. I know everyone around me say they are there for me but how can I lean on them when they went through it all last time and are already worried sick if I have it again.. sorry, know we are all here for similar things but just need an outlet so I don’t worry my loved ones further x

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Community but sorry to hear about your concerns.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer journey can help a lot. (I have a completely different cancer).

This New to Community area is like our reception desk where we look to try and direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is actually divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend you join and post in our dedicated Breast Cancer support group. This will be a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group please click on the link belowPoint down

Breast cancer

…… then once the group page opens click in the [Black - Click to Join - Banner] that appears at the bottom of the page and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

When you are ready……. you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [+ Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear. We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow 3 working days for a reply.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and give support to all the family.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge