newbie needing advice please

• 1 reply
  • 37 subscribers

Good morning all, very very new to this i have a consultation this coming Monday with my allocated Oncology Consultant, i have inoperable Prostate cancer which has also spread to my Liver both are incurable but the Consultant hopes to slow down any growth with a combination of Chemo and Hormone injection's, i will be having Darolutamide and Docetaxel along with a current monthly Hormone injection, i have an information booklet describing the possible side effects of both drugs, my question is how long after the initial first course of treatment does the side effects take to appear ?, my treatment's are due to start in the next 3 weeks and i have a holiday booked in Spain from the 6th of July and am hoping that i may still be able to go as the benefit of a little sunshine may be beneficial, so any advice and comments would be most appreciated,
i must also apologise for the very long winded question but being very new to this and just starting out on my dreaded Cancer journey i wanted to introduce myself to my fellow travelers,

many thanks for any advice and replies and thanks for any support offered, kind regards to all

• Good Morning  

A warm welcome to the Macmillan online Community - but I am so sorry to find you here,

The Community is divided into cancer specific forums or chat rooms and I would advise you to join the Prostate Community - to do this here's the link:

Prostate cancer forum 

As the page opens up just click "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page.

Once there you can either copy and paste or repost you original post in the "New Here - Say Hello" section and I feel sure you will receive plenty of help and support. In fact I know you will because I myself have Prostate Cancer and hang about on that forum. I look forward to "meeting" you again later on our own forum.

If I can do anything else for you just leet me know.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.