MRI results, Dr said benign

• 5 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hi, I recently had an MRI because I've got a constant noise in my right ear with hearing loss, on the MRI Dr told me there's a small growth in my ear but it's probably benign , but I'm now filled with anxiety and extreme worry that Im seriously ill , is there a possibility that this could be life threatening. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Community but sorry to hear about your concerns. I was diagnosed way back in 1999 with a rare incurable type of Lymphoma……. in 2013 I developed hearing loss. my Right Ear has 85% loss with remaining 15% a muffled sound with continues pulsing 24/7 and Left Ear 50 – 60% loss + Tinnitus and now have two hearing aids.

I had a MRI and the professor said there was nothing concerning……… “unfortunately just one of these things”

So it’s still the same these 9+ years on and it just part of life now.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides practical information, emotional support or just a listening ear.

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow 3 working days for a reply.

Do get back to me if you need further help.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Oh right . Well I don't have any symptoms apart from hearing loss and a constant noise , but I've got to go the hospital for an ent scan , I'm scared to go to the hospital, I've got a horrible gut feeling it's something extremely serious.

• I turn the thought of going to the hospital completely upside down….. it’s the only way that the truth can be found and if it’s nothing then get on with life……. if it’s something then it gets dealt with.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• What if it can't be dealt with though , it's making me feel like I've got to currently put my life on hold.

• The thing is……. until you are told that there 'is’ something wrong then there is not…… your MRI results were encouraging….. that is a good foundation to go forward on.

More than ever cancer has become more treatable than ever……. but I will say again you take things as it comes.

My 8 in a million rare incurable cancer has been challenging but 25 years on from that first diagnosis I turned 68 last Nov and I am living a great life.

Do give the helpful a call as there will be someone there who you can ‘talk’ this through with.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge