Colon Cancer questions?

• 2 replies
  • 36 subscribers

So bit of a back story and i guess i am just after others stories as doctors are making me feel like its all in my head! 

2019 feb had pre-cancerous cells removed from cervix 

2021 Jan had a baby then stools started to change but thought it was constipation due to breastfeeding 

2023 feb rang doctors about stools and started to have blood in stools now and again when wiping and LOTS of mucus was told it was constipation and would refer me for a camera to check - they forgot to refer me for camera

2023 May no appointment came through so rang docs and they apologised as no referral has been done and sent one out- i then got a letter in June for colonoscopy but i had just found out i was pregnant so couldn't have it done. 

2024 Feb had 2nd baby 

2024 May. stools getting worse now like fingers and having to manually remove it and serious belly cramps colour of stools is black went to docs for a blood test and my liver ALT test cane back as high 75 also did a FIT test and result is 10  - been told this is 'normal'  and  the other bloods came back normal though

HOWEVER.... i checked NICE guidelines and it says 'refer adults to cancer pathway for colorectal cancer if they have a fit result of at least 10 micrograms of blood per faeces'  

I chased this up at the docs and the receptionist reply was if the doctor says your results are normal then its normal  

I am going out of my mind!

the cancer pathway for cancer is cancer tests to be done within the next 28days 

Am i correct in thinking i need to go all guns blazing cause i am not being listened too? 

I also cant cant cant cant have sex at all due to extreme pain in that area  

Please tell me if this is all in my head? 

• Thanks if you read all of my post it means alot to me 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Community but sorry to hear about your ongoing diagnoses journey.

Navigating the diagnosis journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' journey can help a lot. I have a completely different cancer but have been through the positive FIT test pathway, nothing was found and the system worked well for me….. all you can do is keep pushing for answers..

This New to Community area is like our reception desk where we look to try and direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is actually divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend you join and post in our dedicated Bowel Cancer support group. This will be a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group please click on the link belowPoint down

Bowel (colon and rectum) cancer

…… then once the group page opens click in the [Black - Click to Join - Banner] that appears at the bottom of the page and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

When you are ready……. you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [+ Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support or just a listening ear.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge